Why Invest in a WMS?
The decision to invest in a WMS (Warehouse Management System) software is a cost effective business investment.
It can mean the difference between a year in the black and a year in the red.
There are a number of reasons to invest in WMS software, and automating the control of stock in a warehouse.
However, in a nutshell, there are two key outcomes:
- Improving accuracy
- Improving efficiency
With margins being squeezed, the ever increasing need to improve processes and drive down costs, one of the main reasons to invest in WMS software, can have a rapid and positive impact on your bottom line.
Optimiser WMS drives down warehousing costs
When you invest in a WMS you can reduce operating costs, providing you with an excellent return on investment.
Here’s how and why:
- Labour costs can be reduced by as much as 30%, with employees spending less time per order than if they were using paper based stock control
- A warehouse management system directs staff to put away and pick in the most economical, productive and effective way
- Companies that invest in a WMS are also more environmentally friendly, as they use less paper used and see less wasted stock
Optimiser WMS improves accuracy and efficiency
When you invest in a WMS, you’ll see quicker processing times and your productivity increase, allowing your business to grow and prosper.
Here’s how and why:
- Lost stock will quickly become a thing of the past and with the addition of barcode readers you can achieve 100% pick accuracy
- By making optimum use of staff and warehouse capacity, a WMS can allow you to focus better on the day to day management of your business
Optimiser WMS help you provide better customer service
When you invest in a WMS orders can be fulfilled quicker, more accurately and you’ll reduce errors; in turn reducing returns and complaints.
- Knowing what stock you have and controlling the optimum level of stock not only improves accuracy for you, but also for your clients
- Optima warehouse management software provides the ability for clients to view their own stock and produce reports; thus giving better customer satisfaction
- As well as saving staff time in client queries this makes huge improvements to customer service levels and helps boost customer loyalty by exceeding their expectations