Why Invest in a WMS?
Investing in a WMS (Warehouse Management System) software is a cost effective business investment.
It can mean the difference between a year in the black and a year in the red.
There are a number of reasons to invest in WMS software, and automating the control of stock in your warehouse.
However, in a nutshell, there are two key outcomes:
- Improved accuracy
- Improved efficiency
Your margins are being squeezed, so you need to improve your processes and drive down costs.
Investing in WMS software can have a rapid and positive impact on your bottom line.
Optimiser WMS drives down warehousing costs
When you invest in a WMS you can reduce operating costs, providing you with an excellent return on investment.
Here’s how and why:
- Labour costs can be reduced by as much as 30% – as employees spend less time per order than if they were using paper based stock control
- Your WMS directs staff to put away and pick in the most economical, productive and effective way
- A WMS is environmentally friendly, minimising paper use and wasted stock
Optimiser WMS improves accuracy and efficiency
Investing in a WMS means you’ll see:
- Quicker processing times
- Increased productivity
Enabling your business to grow and prosper.
Here’s how and why:
- Lost stock will quickly become a thing of the past – adding barcode readers means you can achieve 100% pick accuracy
- A WMS enables you to focus on managing your business – by making optimum use of staff and warehouse capacity
Optimiser WMS help you provide better customer service
When you invest in a WMS orders can be fulfilled quicker, more accurately and you’ll reduce errors, in turn reducing returns and complaints.
- Knowing what stock you have and controlling stock levels improves accuracy for you and your clients
- Optima warehouse management software enables clients to view their own stock and produce reports for giving better customer satisfaction
As well as saving staff time by reducing client queries, this makes huge improvements to your customer service levels and helps boost your customer loyalty by exceeding their expectations
What to do next
Have we convinced you that you should invest in a WMS for your business?