Have you determined your 2017 business goals yet? What have you got your sights on?
Here at Optima we speak to many companies who are looking at different WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) to help them better meet their business goals, customer needs, and enable them to stand out from competitors.
Each company we speak to has a number of different challenges.
What business challenges are you facing in 2017?
- Rising costs?
- Finding more customers?
- Increasing existing customer spend and frequency?
- Becoming more efficient?
- Making better use of technology?
- Needing better reporting to give more accurate and up to date information?
- Keeping up with customer demands and expectations?
- Staying ahead of competitors?
Knowing some of the challenges you face can help you establish your goals and prioritise what needs to be done to meet your targets.
How will you meet these challenges?
By investing in:
- IT infrastructure?
- Staff training and development?
- Sales and marketing?
- Processes and procedures?
Knowing how you’re going to meet these challenges will help you to know what you need to do to meet your goals.
Perhaps you already know that you want to improve your IT infrastructure, or that you need to invest in staff training, or want to meet certain sales targets.
What will success look like for you in 2017?
- Increased business efficiency?
- Increased customer purchase frequency?
- Increased customer spend?
- Increased market share and revenue?
- Increased profit?
- Reduced operating costs?
Knowing what success will look like will help you to define your goals, and ensure that everyone within your organisation is working towards them.
What will your warehouse look like in 2017?
Whatever you need to do to meet your business goals, having a more efficient warehouse will help you.
You’ll know exactly:
- What stock you have
- Where your products are
- What your stock levels are
- How many extra staff you’ll need at busy periods
A more efficient warehouse will also be more effective, and you’ll be able to handle more stock, be able to send orders out quicker and be more organised.
What does this mean for you?
In the office, you’ll know that your:
- Stock levels are accurate across all of your ecommerce platforms,
- Such as on eBay, Amazon, Shopify and Magento, and potentially your in-store POS too
- Sales figures are accurate across all platforms
- Orders will be despatched by the most appropriate method
- Couriers will be informed when they need to collect orders
From knowing stock levels across your own ecommerce platforms, to making sure that you’re using the right courier for the right product and destination, selling and shipping your products will be easier.
Your customers will definitely appreciate this.
Which is likely to help make you more profitable.
No matter what sector you operate in, if you need a more efficient and effective warehouse, why not see how an Optima Warehouse Management Solution can help you?