Optima recently undertook a chart-topping warehouse management software project for Backstreet International Merchandise Ltd. and it’s fair to say that both we and our client are delighted with the outcome.
BSI Merch has over twenty years’ experience at the forefront of merchandising and e-commerce for the music and entertainment industry, selling band merchandise for many top-selling and headline acts over the past 30 years or so, and felt the help of a new WMS could only expand the business further.
As a 3PL fulfilment company that focuses on the distribution of merchandise in the music industry, BSI Merch maintains websites directly for many well known bands across several genres, and work with other larger suppliers – so reliability and accuracy is an absolute must.
Having assessed their needs we determined they needed a new WMS implementing as soon as possible, and although they already had a bespoke order management system, this did not produce some of the critical functionality the warehouse manager required to perform day-to-day duties.
BSI Merch needed:
- Increased picking and packing accuracy
- Auditing for stock movement/transactions
- Improved accountability for picks
While the company had progressed steadily, it was important to them that continued growth was supported by a WMS that enabled them to use the existing functionality of their bespoke ‘CMS’.
For this to happen we needed to take into account their existing warehouse layout and organisation, as well as factors such as:
- Introducing racking and shelving for more effective storage of items
- Integrating with Royal Mail and courier companies
- Meeting bespoke internal and client reporting needs
- To automate the retrieval of orders and export of despatch confirmation and stock levels
- Automating the invoicing processes to reduce time spent producing manual data
Thanks to their new Optimiser WMS, BSI Merch now boasts a fully-functioning warehouse management system which allows them to:
- Pick and and dispatch orders more accurately and faster, with full courier integration
- Compile accurate invoices
- Create reports required by clients
“Working on Backstreet Merchandise’s warehouse management software project was an exciting challenge for us and them,” explains Aaron Beardmore, Project Manager at Optima WS. “It was a pleasure to work with a team who, despite being small, were flexible and committed to working with us to meet their short deadlines.
“They worked hard to get the warehouse ready to take advantage of the benefits Optimiser can provide. It’s great to see them continuing to grow and bring more customers onto the system with the help of our support team.”